Just think about what it takes to process the tens of millions of financial transactions that are generated each day as millions of purchases are made, as thousands of suppliers are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as vendors are paid! Are you interested in solving these high volume challenges while pushing the leading edge of cloud computing in the enterprise? Then have we got the opportunity for you! Millions of transactions will actually flow through the code and systems you help develop on a daily basis!
We need strong, innovative engineers to help us mould cloud computing technologies (SQS, S3, EMR, DynamoDB) into the secure, scalable global enterprise financial integration platform that will serve Amazon for the next decade. The complexity of our project requires a team of developers who are interested in working on large scale, highly distributed systems and who can bring new ideas with the confidence to put them to the test as we change the transmission on the rapidly moving bus that is Amazon.
We want hard-core computer scientists who love designing algorithms, choosing optimal data structures, and writing code. Good software design skills are critical to our success. You must be seriously interested in quality. In our space, the academic topics of cloud computing, continuous business activity monitoring, performance optimization, data mining, systems engineering, machine learning, workflow and high-volume transaction processing meet the practical, real-world demands of global financial reporting. We do a lot of tough thinking here and we have great fun doing it.
We are looking to build a cohesive, team-oriented group of developers with someone who shares a passion for developing great software and has the desire to take their technical career to the next level. If you like solving big hairy complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you:
You should be a self-starting, self-directing software development engineer who is creative and passionate about designing, developing, implementing and operating multi-tiered, highly configurable distributed software applications, tools, systems and services. You will be expected to work in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies and bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team. You should have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of Java/C++ with strong OOAD fundamentals. You will also assist in gathering requirements and will be expected to translate those requirements into technical specifications and design documents.
We are looking for smart engineers who can effectively deal with ambiguity and work independently to clarify requirements and deliver results in a time bound manner. You will be building systems that deal with huge amounts of data in a reliable, accurate and expedient manner. If you have an inclination to learn about Financial transactions and how accounting works for a business, and want apply your technical skills to solve problems in that space, this is the opportunity for you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1+ years of solid experience working in the industry as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation
• 1+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and service.
• Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Exposure to HTTP/REST based services
• Prior working experience with Financial/Accounting systems
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Prior experience building configurable systems
• Prior experience building self service applications
• Prior Experience with AWS technologies
Software and Programming