Amazon Web Services (Route 53) is expanding its presence within the Vancouver, Canada area! We are currently looking for a front-end engineer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. Are you an expert in web technologies? Want to use this expertise for creating the next generation Route53 customer experience?
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying and managing some of our new services, or redesigning our existing systems for increasing levels of usability, scale and efficiency. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other senior and principal engineers who are domain experts at AWS to help you deepen your expertise in our domain, open source applications, performance optimization, and operational excellence. If you have the skills for building high-performance, customer-friendly products that delight customers, and are interested in cutting-edge cloud computing, this is the job for you!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field;
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
• Fluency in Web development frameworks (Angular, React)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Distributed systems, networking, web services design and implementation experience.
• Experience working in Linux based environment
Software and Programming