Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 582237
The Household Organization team is focused on making Alexa the best assistant to simplify life - helping families stay organized and connected to each other and making life run a little more smoothly. From setting timers while cooking to checking daily schedules and waking up to Alexa's alarm tone, we help customers manage their time more easily using only their voice. We also help customers get things done and keep their lives in order with services like shopping and to-do lists that are becoming daily habits for people.
As a Senior Engineer on the team you will develop design patterns, APIs, and high-scale services for machine learning that make the Alexa Household organization services intelligent. Your work will span Alexa Machine Learning Natural Language Understanding an Speech Recognition technologies, voice user interfaces, cloud services, and a growing ecosystem of devices. You will help lay the foundation to move from functional interactions to personal and intelligent interactions that are learned over time. And, you will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
• BS in Computer Science, or equivalent background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
• 4+ years professional experience building and operating scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
• Fluency in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++.
• Hands-on experience across front-end user interfaces, business logic, and data tiers.
• Experience serving as technical lead, including mentorship of more junior software developers.
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Experience designing internet-scale public APIs.
• Experience working with modern tools for big data storage and analysis (e.g., AWS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL).
• Experience or strong interest in automatic speech recognition, natural language processing, statistics, and/or machine learning concepts like random forests, boosting, GBM, NNs, HMMs, CRFs, MRFs, deep learning.
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team.
• Comfortable presenting to senior management, business stakeholders, and external partners.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019