Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 693780
At Amazon, business and technology aren't separate - the teams who run the retail business have a deep appreciation for how technology can be leveraged to serve customers better. And, our technologists are just as excited about how the systems they build impact the retail business. Whether it is about improving database performance, horizontal partitioning and scaling, distributed computing, workflow systems or machine learning algorithms, their common interests are in building the next technology solution to improve Amazon.com for our customers. Our teams operate in a culture of improvement, innovation and transformation that permeates every aspect of retail from selection, to inventory to pricing and transaction efficiencies. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
We are looking to hire exceptional talent to meet the growing demands of the Retail Systems group at Amazon. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. We are recruiting for developers, architects, research scientists, program managers and engineering managers. To get a list of jobs in retail systems go to http://www.amazon.com/jobs and use the keyword "retailsystemsjobs".
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience working in ReactJS and/or GraphQL
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019