Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 724599
Ever wondered what's involved in enabling millions of sellers to sell their products around the world? Amazon's Merchant Technologies group does just that - building the software platform and applications necessary for sellers to manage their business on Amazon.
You'll be building cutting edge and highly distributed systems to support merchants around the world selling on Amazon. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building the next generation of a order experience for 3rd party merchants. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party merchants.
This Software Development position is for Marketplace Shipping Service group, where innovation and latest technologies merge to build brand new features and capabilities for sellers and end customers.
If you are a sharp software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, a solid computer science foundation and the desire to be an individual contributor to Amazon's next generation technology, we want to talk with you. Come be part of the team redefining how best to sell on the Internet!
This SDE position is for Amazon Fulfillment Services, working on new projects from the scratch. We are working on multiple new initiatives to enable sellers to serve business customers effectively build next generation platforms. Projects we are working on are MFN Prime, B2B experiences, expanding the India business as well as platform improvements across all our services to make them more config driven using new AWS technologies.
• 5+ years of industry experience
• BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus at least one year of experience.
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis)
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Perl or C#
• Proficient with Web technologies
• MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Strong experience in Java Services (UI and backend), Database, and customer facing APIs.
• Five years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience in building large scale distributed systems
• Experience in scaling and performance tuning of large systems
• Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
• Understanding of relational data modeling and SQL
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• Experience developing Internet products and Mobile technologies
• Experience developing software in a Unix/Linux environment
• Maniacal Customer Obsession
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019