Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 735975
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? Do you want to affect not only internal users but Amazon customers worldwide? In Selling Partner Systems and Experiences (SPSX), you will pave the future of our relationship with our Selling Partners, enhancing how we do business and our effectiveness as a player in global e-commerce. Amazon has risen to the top of online retail, but there is still a lot of work to be done to remain competitive and find new opportunities.
As a member of Amazon's Vancouver, Canada based SPSX development team, you will be a key player in driving the growth of Amazon's Consumer business. The SPSX team is enhancing many of the business processes that run Amazon Retail and Amazon Marketplace. We are building new services and enhancing the existing vendor and seller systems to support them. You will solve technical challenges in optimization, large-scale computing, distributed systems, web applications, scalability, security, and algorithms just to name a few. You will drive future solutions that will impact how we run the Consumer business worldwide and interface with many teams, both technical and non-technical, across the company. And most importantly, the SPSX teams are composed of some awesome people, and you'll have a lot of fun!
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new program and selling partner experience.
• 4 or more years of experience in software development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with object oriented programming including Java, C++, C#, or C
• Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019