Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 746759
The Carrier Information Management Systems (CIMS) team at Amazon is focused on optimizing and simplifying Amazon's transportation network. The complexity of Amazon transportation network grows exponentially, requiring innovative approaches in modeling, storing, validating, and processing billions of rows of configuration. We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us break down barriers to growth and build smart and scalable network management system to give Amazon customers even faster and cheaper delivery. Our technical challenges involve optimizing relational and non-relational data storage and processing systems to enable a transportation network at Amazon scale evolving at Amazon speed. Get ready for SQL and NoSQL databases, Big Data analytics, distributed systems, complex business logic, and highly-optimized multithreaded code on the edge of Java capabilities. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to be a key contributor to our success and drive the strategic development of the services.
This role might be for you if...
• You design at the product level with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, relational and non-relational databases, microservices, n-tiered architecture, cloud and/or map-reduce.
• You use object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. You have working knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
• You have designed, refactored, re-architected, deprecated and/or implemented large-scale cloud-based distributed services with millisecond latency and high transactional volumes.
• You have experience implementing best practices in improving team coding culture subjected related to quality and/or security.
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences.
In this job, you will...
• Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done.
• Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
• Work with Senior and Principal Engineers across multiple teams and business stake holders to design and build highly available and scalable systems for optimizing and managing Amazon's transportation network.
• Expand and optimize our world-class supply chain systems to support a variety of emerging business initiatives.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems that pushes the technological boundaries and build innovative solutions that impact millions of customers in a fast paced environment while working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
At least 2 years' work experience
Experience implementing algorithms, tailored to particular business needs and tested on large data sets
Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Master's degree and relevant work experience.
Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
Strong skills and experience with programming in Hadoop, Big Data, SQL, Hive, Pig, R and familiarity/experience with AWS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019