Amazon's e-Commerce Foundation (eCF) is looking for a smart, talented engineer with a strong technical background to build a new invoicing platform. A global invoicing solution will enable B2B businesses at Amazon to deliver the same trusted experience expected by our customers. In order to meet the needs of Amazon's businesses, this next generation platform service must be configuration driven, self-service capable, and deliver operational excellence.
As an engineer within eCF you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize this invoicing platform. You will interface with many teams across Amazon including Amazon Supply, Amazon Web Services, Kindle, Marketplace Systems, Digital Systems, Financial Systems, Accounting and Operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter and fast learner with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid experience in Java or C++
- Good understanding of distributed systems, workflow management systems
- Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Obsession with quality and customer experience
- Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractlyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior experience with building and supporting live high-volume transaction processing systems
- Familiarity with RDBMS
- XML and Web Service concepts
- Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with UNIX or Linux systems
Software and Programming