Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 756845
International Expansion Consumer Payments team is responsible for developing the platform and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers. We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon customers Worldwide while having fun and innovating along the way.
As a Software Development Engineer in the Consumer Payments International Expansion team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with different teams across Amazon and build solid platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment, using lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated the ability to take a project from scoping requirements through to actual launch of project
- Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Demonstrated the ability to develop business-critical software using modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, Ruby, C++, C#.
- MS or PhD is computer science or equivalent preferred
- Experience building complex, scalable software systems
- Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software is a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019