Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 708143
Amazon Web Services (Route 53) is expanding our presence within the Vancouver, BC area due to explosive growth! We currently have an opening for mid to senior level Software Developers to work on a new service. Please submit a resume for consideration via our career site portal.
At Amazon Web Services, we like to "work backwards": start by understanding what customers need and using that to guide our software engineering. We're looking for a software engineer who is experienced in listening to customers, synthesizing their needs, and rapidly iterating our services to quickly put features into customers' hands. Our best ideas become even better when we get feedback from real customer use. The sooner we can get that feedback, the more quickly we can grow.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for a developer who will lead the team and who feels strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
Amazon in a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, software engineers might whip up a prototype to prove an idea, instrument code to report a new metric, talk with customers, code up a feature, or draft a proposal for a radical new idea.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis.
• Fluency in C, C++ or Java.
Preferred Qualifications • MS or PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Distributed systems, networking, web services design and implementation experience.
• Experience working in Linux based environment
Posted: October 15, 2018
Closes: December 14, 2018