Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 626163
Are you an experienced software development engineer who has the vision and experience necessary to drive implementation of the next generation of the platform that drives financial transactions across Amazon?
Amazon Finance Technology is seeking a senior software development engineer who can guide the development of a horizontally-scalable platform that will transact and account for hundreds of billions of dollars each year as Amazon grows to a trillion-dollar company. Teller is the next-generation financial services platform that drives and accounts for all financial transactions across all Amazon businesses. Financial expertise & experience is not necessary, but you should be an expert in working with highly abstracted, extensible systems in a multi-tenant microservice-oriented architecture.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Teller Team, you will be responsible for driving implementation decisions, delivering functional components, and mentoring junior engineers to develop logical & maintainable software that meets high standards of quality and abstraction.
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years of experience
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Proven object oriented design skills and able to find creative scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, internet security fundamentals and designing for performance, scalability and availability
• Experience in supporting high-traffic, high-throughput, distributed real-time systems and services
• Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Preferred Qualifications • Proficiency in Java in a Linux/Unix environment. Experience with C, C++. Experience using NoSQL
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: October 22, 2018
Closes: December 21, 2018