Want to participate in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods? We are seeking talented software engineers to join one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon's e-commerce services platform. We offer competitive salary and benefits, outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting and team-oriented atmosphere.
We want to move all the money in the world! We deliver game-changing financial processing power for the some of the world's largest technology platforms including Amazon.com, Amazon Kindle, and Amazon Web Services.
We build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We innovate to improve customer experience across the globe, with support for currency choice, in-store payments, pay on delivery, credit and debit payments, seller disbursements, gift cards, and many new exciting and challenging ideas are in the works.
Amazon Payments mission is to build the most trusted, intuitive and accessible payments experience on earth. We are looking for passionate engineers and leaders to build the next evolution of our payment technology stack and experiences. As an SDE in the Payments Experience Technology team in Vancouver, British Columbia you will work closely with technology and business teams, designing and developing software solutions with an emphasis on enabling rapid integration and payment feature expansion to support the next generation of businesses. We are looking for skills in front end technologies, web security mechanisms, large scale distributed systems, Java, Scala and AWS technologies. Payments Domain knowledge is a benefit but not required
BASIC QUALIFICATIONSPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Must be able to independently design code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.,).
- Provide on-call production support for payment platform applications
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of UNIX or Linux systems
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming