Digital and Emerging Markets Payments team is responsible for launching new payment experiences for digital businesses WW and retail business in emerging markets.
We are a growing team adding new charters relevant to payment related customer experience for our customers in emerging markets.
As part of this growth, we are hiring a Software Development Engineer to contribute to the implementation of new payment methods and services to support international business regulations. In this position, you will contribute to the success of an international team that manages complex workflows, collaborates with internal and external partners, implements scalable large scale solutions, uses all the flavors of the JVM (Kotlin, Scala, Java), and leverage NAWS components to delight customers in Brazil and other countries.
Key job responsibilities
Specifically, you will:
• Own the architecture of several components of the consumer payments tech stack
• Continuously working on improving the current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, and on the development of major routines and utilities.
• Designing and building features with a strong mindset towards performances.
• Preparation of technical requirements and software design specifications.
• Understanding the internals of graphics systems.
• Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
• Solve complex architecture and business problems. Innovate to solve unique problems in simple yet elegant way. Solutions are extensible.
• Take ownership for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality and insisting on highest standards while working with other software teams.
• Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application. Write high quality code that is modular, functional and testable; - Establish the best coding practices
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment unafraid to think out-of-the-box
• Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
• A high degree of pragmatism in building the simplest thing that does the job; we want to use technology to solve real-world problems expediently, not indulge in over-designed, unnecessarily intricate software architecture.
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming