Do you live in Canada and want to launch new products, features, and services used by over 15 million fellow Canadians? Do you want to enrich Canadian lives by bringing world class shopping and selling experiences to their fingertips?
Amazon.ca is the Canadian gateway that brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon Canada Tech Team.
We are currently looking for talented Software Development Engineers to join our new engineering group in Vancouver, BC. Ideal candidates are leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling systems of massive scale and layered complexity. They are able to deliver on ambiguous requirements by putting themselves in the shoes of our customers to deliver the right experience. They are passionate about writing code and love to build distributed systems that are transactional, , high throughput, fault tolerant and always available. They are able to design and develop beautiful front-end UI as well as the massively backend services to support it. We're looking for engineers who are comfortable driving the end to end solution and who can do so in an autonomous creative manner. If this describes you, then we would love to reach out to discuss this opportunity further!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related fieldPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience taking a lead role in building and operating distributed systems
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Software and Programming