GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
"Over 200+ million paid members in 20+ countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 150 million items".
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you. Software Engineers in this team will also support global multi channel customer discovery application and work on building highly scalable and fault tolerant customer facing applications. They will work with ML teams to deliver recommendation systems.
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features. You will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Perl, and Linux to name a few.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 1+ years of experience in software development in Java, C, C++, Python, Objective-C, or C#.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in working on high velocity scale and building systems that scale up to handle peak traffic.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with multiple stakeholders including product managers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experienced and passionate about solving problems with focus on high velocity events
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
Software and Programming