Digital businesses at Amazon continuously add to a massive Digital product catalog and services - eBooks, Audible books, music, video, apps, subscriptions, bundles, deals, and more. We have millions of our customers engaging with the Digital content and making decisions like - what to buy/listen/watch/read next. Digital Discovery team at Amazon is building platform and services to help our customers find the next Digital product they would like to engage, with highest value by offering the best deals and promotions. We build and operate services which operate at very high transactions per second, at very high availability, and very low latency. We index on designing for high operational excellence to minimize the SDE effort in maintaining the services and using SDE efforts in innovations to add new features for the ever evolving customer needs and new Digital content.
If you are someone excited to build and improve customer facing shopping and engagement experiences on Amazon.com homepage, search, product detail page to checkout, on Alexa and Amazon devices, working closely with Sr. SDEs and Principal Engineers from Amazon ML, Personalization and foundational technologies team, building software using Kotlin, full stack development, building highly consistent data stores, building new solutions entirely on AWS - we'd be very excited to meet you and explore the opportunities to have fun and make history.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
• Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and livesite operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
• Experience in communicating with end users, technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
• Experience using A/B testing to deliver products and features.
• A passion to use insights from data to improve products
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Software and Programming