At Amazon Recruiting Engine (RE), we are customer obsessed and think big. As part of the Amazon HR organization, we directly influence the future growth of Amazon. To achieve this goal we are searching for a passionate Software Development Engineer (SDE).
As an SDE in recruiting Engine, you will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. As a part of the RT team, you will deliver robust feature sets, intuitive designs, and user interfaces that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at recruiting the top talent in the world.
A day in the life
• Work with engineers, product managers, and ux designers to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
About the hiring group
This team, Guardians (of Amazons Hiring bar's), vision is to raise the hiring bar via the Interview process by providing interview tools to easily collect competency data, by improving competency assessment, and guide other parts of the Hiring funnel with interview decision and data. The team is organized around three pillars - Interview Experience, Interviewer Excellence, and Interview Insights. Interview Experience creates delightful interview experiences for both interviewers and candidates that allows interviewers to focus on evaluation data collection and candidates to perform without distraction. Interviewer Excellence calibrates and develops interviewers for candidate competency assessments to improve candidate experience and increased quality of hire. Interview Insights uses interviewer feedback and assessment data in subsequent candidate journeys like team placement and compensation guidance. Job responsibilities
To be successful on this journey, you will love having high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and always look for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused: understand multiple customers' challenges and you are constantly looking for ways to pursue them. You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in an exciting, creative, passionate and collaborative team environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Software and Programming