Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of millions of financial transactions, in multiple currencies and countries excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems we would love to talk with you.
Our group (FLASH) has been entrusted with accurate and timely recording of financial events for Amazon's revenue generating businesses. As a member of the team your work will directly impact the way financial data is processed, retained, and managed at Amazon scale. Working closely with best-in-class engineers, scientists and principal engineers you will have the opportunity to work on one of the world's largest data sets to influence the long term evolution of our technology roadmap.
WHO IS FLASH?
Financial Ledger & Accounting Systems Hub (FLASH), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) is leading significant innovations in business systems integration and defining the future of accounting. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that process hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fuelling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide. Think about what it takes to process the tens of millions of financial transactions that are generated each day as millions of purchases are made, as thousands of suppliers are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as vendors are paid!
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ year experience with Java and/or C++, software system design, problem solving, and object-oriented coding skills;
• Thorough understanding of enterprise information systems, service oriented architectures, and operational data stores;
• Obsession with software quality, customer experience and attention to detailPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems
• Strong communications skills
• Experience working in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
Software and Programming