Have you ever dreamed of shaping the way AWS does business? We are looking for high caliber and tested Software Development Engineers to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative, we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and build highly scalable services.
This role requires deep technical expertise and excellent leadership skills. You will be responsible for solving complex problems and working with services that can scale to millions of requests globally. As innovators we embrace new technology and you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems. By joining early on, you will get to influence the design choices. This is your chance to make the business value case for the best technology to build with before it becomes entrenched in "what we use" or "how we do things."
As part of the team, you will have opportunities to mentor and coach other engineers. You will have access to Amazon's Principal and Senior Engineers to help you on this new journey and grow your skills. You will get firsthand experience interacting across all AWS services such as AWS EC2, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis and more. You will be surrounded by people who are extremely smart and passionate about cloud computing.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of experience taking a project from scoping requirements through launch and operations of the project
• Ability to think big and help innovate in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with UI development and building innovative user experiences.
• Understanding of system design, distributed systems, serverless computing, cloud infrastructure, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
• Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with building and maintaining API's.
• Knowledge and prior use of AWS services
• Proven experience in being innovative, flexible and self-directed.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us".
Software and Programming