Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers.
Providing a scalable platform to support AWS' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. AWS Insights is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
• Help define our secure, scalable, distributed and event-driven systems.
• Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• We own the mission-critical data aggregation layer powering AWS Billing Console.
• We work on impactful projects that have org-level visibility.
• We solve challenging scaling and performance problems.
• We use cutting-edge AWS technologies and implement all best practices.
• Excellent work-life balance and sustainable operational load.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree(or higher) in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 1+ years experience developing high quality, production software in Java or C++
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
Software and Programming