Amazon - World Wide Advertising - The Advertising Products group is at the center of Advertising for Amazon.com and our third party advertisers. We are innovating at the intersection of advertising and Ecommerce. Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP, the world's largest ad agency has said, "Amazon ... is an emerging threat to ... in the digital advertising space." He also said that "Amazon ... worries him when he goes to bed at night and wakes up in the morning." Come join that team!
The Advertising Platform team builds the core technology powering one of Amazon's fastest growing strategic businesses. Our team offers a challenging and exciting opportunity to work on building systems to develop ad pacing that is flexible for business needs, that is more scalable and provides inbuilt experimentation framework.
From the center of our technology platform, you have the ability to work on some of our largest-scale and most technically complex problems and your contributions will be magnified across a variety of use cases.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, Object Oriented design and/or functional programming.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related disciplinePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years experience required
• Experience leading technical teams and large architecture projects
• MySQL or similar database experience
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience in software development and full product life-cycles
Software and Programming