Come join the Alexa Hosted Skills team which enables creative developers to build engaging voice experiences through providing them AWS-based infrastructure and code editing capabilities. You can help us and Alexa Skills third-party developers to invent the future. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core product features that empower skill developers to create interactive, engaging and scalable experiences.
A day in the life
In this role you will design and implement robust and scalable services and components which support core Alexa Skill development capabilities and processes. You will extend and maintain continuous deployment pipelines. You will envision and create developer supporting tools and visual interfaces. You will produce high quality code and products and you will own their operation in a multi-region production environment.
About the hiring group
Our team's mission is to fully eliminate the on-boarding friction for Alexa skill developers. We enable developers to quickly build scalable and engaging Alexa skills. With our tools developers will evolve into advanced voice developers.
• The services and components used by developers to provision hosted AWS resources for all types of skills
• Online coding experience on the developer console
• Integrated development experiences across developer console, CLI, VSCode, and Git
• Metrics and analytics associated with the Alexa-hosted skills platform
• Future business model for enterprise-level development of Alexa Hosted Skills
As a member of the team you will help with design, implementation and launch of many key product features. You will have influence on defining product features, drive operational excellence, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal SDE candidate is clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
This person has thrived and succeeded in fast paced environment where learning new concepts quickly is a must. As a software development engineer on team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end.
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• - Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Ability to mentor other software engineers.
• Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web applications and/or services.
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding systems' scalability, performance, and security.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Software and Programming