Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and computing challenges in ? Are you excited to build a new customer facing capability from the ground up and turning customer needs into elegant, user-centered designs?
Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of products. Because we sit at the nexus of all services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers. Providing a platform to support ' expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will have the opportunity to learn and use cutting edge technologies like Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps to bring our largest customers over to the . The Insights is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. We are looking for an engineer with experience on both front-end interfaces and back-end systems to contribute to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and craftsmanship.
In this role you will
• Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
• Collaborate closely with UX designers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product.
• As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices.
• You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, , and event-driven systems.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
• Find out what it takes to engineer secured systems for "Amazon ".
• Contribute to planning, architecture , implementation, testing, and process improvement.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of experience building and leading development teams that and deliver highly reliable and systems
• Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Verified project management skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related filed.
• 4+ years software development experience.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven skills.
• 2+ year of experience designing and developing large- applications, tools, systems and services.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming