Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you have extraordinary software engineering skills? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills, your software, and your organization?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team in Vancouver. Our team is responsible for and growing an innovative, confidential, and global project that informs larger company strategic decisions. We are working on a series of Customer Experience projects spanning E-Commerce apps and sites, internal workflow automation, integration with third party systems, and applied data analytics.
As an SDE, you will own, develop, and help run our customer-facing and backend systems. You will be largely self-directed and participate in a multi-discipline SCRUM team, and have a voice in all aspects of our business.
This role will be a good fit if you...
• instantly know the software solution to business problems
• are skilled at writing reliable, efficient, and maintainable code in Python, C#, or Java
• have a passion for eCommerce
• are entrepreneurial, optimistic, and like the challenges associated with working with ambiguity
• possess an excellent understanding of development tools in order to develop software productively
• have an analytical mind and are able to communicate complex issues in a concise way
• have the ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
• are driven by understanding what customers want and aren't afraid to voice your opinion
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Participate in the full development life-cycle, including design, development, and implementation
• Writing code, tools, and scripts for one or more systems
• Handling escalations and day to day operations of one or more customer-facing or backend systems
• Responding to escalations and emerging issues after-hours, according to an on-call rotation
• Innovating and improving processes to improve key business outputs
• Contributing technical findings/ideas/suggestions that are reviewed by senior Amazon technical leadersBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Practical experience in Object Oriented Design
• Working knowledge of AWS services
• Exposure to digital marketing, especially SEM, SEO, and Video Advertising
• First hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming