We are building a new platform to help Amazon hire at scale.
A day in the life
You will be responsible for design, development, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance. You will collaborate with the team to and review their code. You will be responsible for participating in the on call rotation.
About the hiring group
The team was created in April 2020 and is working on a green field project.
The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
Our team builds the technology behind decisions with real human impact. How can machine learning help candidates who will thrive at Amazon find the right role? How can we effortlessly onboard and schedule attendance for hundreds of thousands of associates a day? How do we enable Amazon to innovate, scale and push the boundaries of what is possible?
Building inventive technology for this diverse range of customers isn't easy. As Amazon continues to expand beyond the traditional capabilities of human resources our technology must match it - and see around corners for new possibilities. We are solving hard problems in identity, authentication, recruiting, talent, growth, UX, scalability, and diversity.
You will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
As a software development engineer on team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, customer-obsessed development environment, where you are an owner of both the process and the final product.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications.
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related disciplines) and/or equivalent years of work experience.
Software and Programming