WW Consumer Talent Product Team (TPT) is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build truly innovative internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible. The TPT technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
A day in the life
You'll work on cutting edge technology that will provide our users with the same amazing experience that our customers have come to expect from Amazon.com. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale. As a developer on the team you'll collaborate with sharp engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and solutions, build and track metrics to ensure high quality of results.
About the hiring group
The mission of WW Consumer Talent Products Team (TPT) is to build the world's best HR products. TPT is an insurgent, innovative, startup team that builds game-changing, intelligent products that challenge the status quo and cultivate Day One culture at scale. The team starts with the unique scale and complexity of the WW Consumer and Talent business as a way to incubate enterprise-wide innovation and applies science, technology, and customer obsessed product design to help Amazonians make informed long-term decisions about talent and spend more time focusing on the end customer.
In this role you will
• Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, build new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global customers.- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs.
• Deeply understand and work with variety of developer tools across the spectrum of Software development lifecycle
• Build iteratively using agile methodologiesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 1+ years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation to involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, ReactJS/AngularJS and Object-Oriented Design.
• Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliabilityPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Track record for being detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Highly innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
• Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming