Amazon strives to be the world's most customer centric company with lot of high end innovation and product development including the best-selling Kindle family of products. At Amazon San Luis Obispo, we develop innovative software to power self-publishing and enterprise level content publishing solutions for both physical and digital distribution at Amazon. Help us achieve our vision of making every creative work available to everyone in the world in a variety of formats. Our team supports Kindle, Amazon Video, Amazon Merch, Kindle Education and many other content publishing businesses in Amazon. Our team's mission is that every content creator can reach their customers through a direct relationship with Amazon.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
1. 1+ year relevant work experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design Computer Science fundamentals in data structures Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
2. Experience in full-stack technologies (service oriented architecture).PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in computer science or equivalent degree
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Customer focus and data driven thinking
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full SDLC.
• Strong testing based development approach and automated deployments.
• Excellent interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines under normal circumstances, and ability to make trade-offs and when needed to optimize outcome when conditions change
• Ability to communicate with other employees in the company in both technical and non-technical roles.
• Familiarity with Linux
• Familiarity with MVC frameworks
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming