Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and computing challenges? Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of products. Because we sit at the nexus of all services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers.
Providing a platform to support expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. The Insights is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to our success.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Collaborate in the implementation and deployment of successful internet- systems and services in support of our commerce operations and the businesses they support.
• Help define our secure and event-driven systems.
• Work with extraordinary teams delivering demanding projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ year relevant experience.
• Shown skill with Java or equivalent object-oriented programming languages.
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Understanding of algorithmic and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building infrastructure software systems for commercial online services.
• Strong analytical abilities and skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming