We're looking for customer obsessed software engineers who are interested in working on large scale, highly distributed systems. Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of millions of financial transactions, in multiple currencies and countries excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on machine learning problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon's key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
As an engineer in eCFI, you will be part of a team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize services that are the foundation for Amazon's financial reporting. We reliably handle data in high volume and velocity. You will interface with teams and systems inside and outside our org including Business systems, Financial Systems, and Accounting. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience through a data driven approach and scalable and robust software. Challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems
- Strong communications skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience working in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional business and software development teams.
Software and Programming