The AI org within AWS is responsible for setting the AI strategy and delivering machine learning services across multiple segments to AWS customers. Today, the team provides ML framework and infrastructure like Apache Mxnet and Pytorch for AWS, Inferentia etc. ; ML platform services like Sagemaker and Groud truth etc. and AI services like CodeGuru, SageMaker, Comprehend, Rekognition, Lex, Polly Transcribe, and many more.
In this role, you will be part of one of the newly launched AI service - Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer. The CodeGuru Reviewer service helps customers to automatically review their code and identify critical issues like multi-threading, resource leaks, AWS best practices, sensitive information leak etc. The goal of the service is to help customers write bug free code and in turn reduce customer outages. The service was launched in GA in Jun 2020 and is in its very early stage of development.
An engineer within the Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer org will own inferencing every code request coming to the service, to help developers improve their code quality. The team achieves this by providing actionable recommendations during code review and in package scan mode. The team owns building a variety of 'detectors' to identify code smells and bugs and generate recommendations for fixing them. Each detector the team builds is a micro-service that uses combination of program analysis and machine learning (ML) to generate recommendations for fixing issues in code belonging to a specific category. The team also owns publishing these recommendations to the users and generating feedback.
The team works in an ambiguous and complex problem space. The ambiguity comes from the fact that there is very limited reasearch done on automatically analyzing code and providing recommendations in a scalable way. The team aims at building build infrastructure and services to support the rapid pace of innovation and evolving needs of the science team for detector training, hosting and evaluations. The other challenge includes constantly thinking of ways to present these recommendations to the customers in the best possible way for them to consume.
This position within the Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer org presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business shaping the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup (V1) environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• B.sc Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 3+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years experience in computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
• 3+ years experience in at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or PythonPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience building large scale distributed services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building and deploying machine learning models
• Experience designing and deploying Big Data pipelines with tools such as Hadoop, Spark or MapReduce.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming