Would you like to work with one of the most complex employee systems in the world? Amazon Compensation Technology Team is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Software Development Engineer to join our growing organization. We are building new software products and large scale distributed systems which will manage the compensation experience for Amazon's rapidly growing workforce. We are empowered to think big at Amazon, and the Amazon Compensation Technology Team is doing just that. Where third-party products don't scale to meet our needs, we build our own products which provide the scalability and flexibility we need. We take full advantage of the amazing technology toolset we have. We use AWS technologies such as Lambda, Dynamo DB, SQS, SNS, SWS, Redshift, S3, and many others to build highly scalable solutions. We directly shape the future growth of Amazon and the impact of our work can be seen all around us.
A day in the life
Do you find re-defining and building new platforms from the ground up exciting? Do you like working with new technologies, finding new solutions to complex problems? Do you like working with all stages of product development from working with customers on business requirements to deploying and supporting your own software? We are looking for a strong Software Development Engineer who can take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous problems. You will own and heavily influence the architecture and design, and will write a significant portion of the "critical-path" code. You will influence the team's technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
About the hiring group
We are the Amazon Compensation Technology (ACT) team. ACT enables Amazon to realize the goal of compensation: attracting, motivating and retaining talent. We do this by providing the products and services necessary for calculating and managing every compensation change activity in the lifecycle of all global Amazon employees. We give all users a clear and consistent understanding of how compensation is calculated, how and when it can be adjusted, and the impacts of compensation adjustments. We provide the reporting, data, and insights that enables continuous evolution of compensation programs and policies.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering large scale solutions. You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience working with Agile engineering practices
• Software development experience in ReactJS, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications is a plus
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Software and Programming