Interested in building amazon's mobile backend services for millions of customers with billions of transactions?
About our team - Mobile Growth
Mobile Shopping app is ranked in the top 10 for overall engagement and penetration worldwide in marketplaces including US, UK, India and Japan. The number of app users (iOS and android) are in millions and the revenue that app generates is in billions. Although feature building in the app is decentralized to feature owners all around the company, Mobile Growth owns improving the overall customer experience which includes common elements of the app, app metrics, deferred deeplinking and building end to end experiences in the app to drive engagement. Our team's vision is to make the Amazon app experience the primary and preferred way for customers to engage with Amazon.
We have three focus areas
1. Mobile App Engagement - Involves designing and developing customer touch points (Context cards, Welcome experience) on IOS and Android apps to drive personalized mobile app engagement actions (front end and backend) for smartwatch and mobile.
2. Automated Customer Lifecycle Management - Is a new initiative to develop and iterate a machine learning model based on customer behavior through x engagement states.
3. Mobile App Attribution System - supports on-site marketing and paid app marketing by automating effective incentive programs on-site, creating customer flows for events (prime day and holiday) and optimizing paid app campaigns and building attribution systems.
Mobile Growth is a team of 25 people, which includes 1 director, 2 engineering managers, 14 software engineers, 2 product managers, 3 marketing managers and 3 data engineers. We are a cross functional team for a reason - we like to move FAST.
The software engineer in this role
• Is expected to bring in strong computer science fundamentals and efficient problem solving
• Is able to solve hard problems with possibly simple solutions. Their code is exemplary in terms of documentation and best practices.
• Works independently and in partnership with other engineers. Advises managers tech leads.
• Understands organization architecture. Influences priorities/trade-offs at a sprint level. Applies knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, simplify, etc.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ years of software development experience in Java, C++ and/or Objective C.
• Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
• Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations.
• Attested oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical partners.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Good understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile development, or ability to quickly learn
• Familiar with software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures) and knowledge of Agile methodologies is a bonus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming