Our team is building a high-performing engine in the newly launched Amazon Honeycode, a new no-code offering within Amazon Web Service that will transform industries and change how people work. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose! And did we mention the opportunity to delight millions of customers?
Playing a key role in this high-performance engineering team, you will build and operate Web services at scale, interfacing with teams ranging from the front-end to the back-end, and delivering the plumbing in-between. Surrounded by truly innovative technical talent, and building on a pure infrastructure, you will translate user requirements, help define our roadmap, develop, deploy, and test end-to-end. The team is stronger due to your presence, and you regularly contribute to the professional development of colleagues. You understand the business impacts of technical decisions and guide technology choices to create amazing experiences for customers.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product. You will need to work efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, and your experience will raise the bar to create an amazing experience for our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 1+ Year Experience in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• 2+ Years Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
• 1+ Year Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Architectural experience for large distributed systems.
• Deep understanding of data structures, Algorithms and apply them in production systems.
• Knowledge of infrastructure technologies.
• Understanding of client/server security models in the enterprise
• A strong understanding of excellent patterns for customer-facing software.
• Proven track record of ownership in designing, developing, and operating software at .
• Top-notch communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Demonstrated ability to ship product to customers.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming