Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company - and to fulfill that mission, Amazon needs to hire pioneers, innovators, and leaders. Amazon's Recruiting Engine team supports this mission by building global, scalable, flexible, and highly available products that enable candidates to find their next amazing career opportunity at Amazon. We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession) to recruiting at Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle from requirement gathering to applying design patterns, working on development, documentation, testing, and continuously improving our operations. You will leverage Amazon's industry leading technologies to build modern distributed systems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, can help shape the technology, product and the business direction and are self-driven to deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented designPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven knowledge of fundamental software development patterns.
- Proven knowledge of "clean code" practices.
- Experience in communicating with users, other teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, designs, and product.
- Experience influencing software best practices within your team.
Software and Programming