Amazon GuardDuty is a customer facing threat detection service that was built to protect applications and services running in AWS. The service processes trillions of events and applies advanced analytics and machine learning to detect threats. If you are interested in learning about operating a service at massive scale and working alongside world class engineers, then this role is for you.
The Amazon GuardDuty team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. The team interacts with Math PhD's and security researchers to codify security analytics into the service. The researchers use various Machine/Deep Learning algorithms to build new detections for the service. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer with a strong knowledge of distributed systems to develop a new and innovative security service. This position is on a new team that you will be joining at its inception and it will have a startup feel. You must enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good software but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
• 3+ years of professional experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience in Java or C++ development
• 2+ years of experience with object oriented design
• 1+ years of experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
• 3+ years of experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
• 3+ years of experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technologyPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
• Experience building network security systems such as firewalls, unified threat management, and virtual private network technologies
• Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
• Experience developing complex enterprise focused applications
• Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment - previous startup experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming