Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new innovation team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc. We will work with our networks and issuers to define and lead the payment experience for the industry. We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated lead engineer to innovate and solve the challenges at a massive scale.
As a Software Dev engineer, you will:
• Lead the design, implementation, and testing of new innovations and experiments to improve the payment experience for our customers.
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payments, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or at least 3 years of relevant work experience
• 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
• Solid experience in C++ or Java (expert in at least one)
• Good technical experience developing large scale applications
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate must be passionate about simple and elegant software solutions, customer-centric products, and utilizing agile development processes. Other preferred skillsets:
• Relevant experience in building large scale service based system from ground up
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovation solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment, clear communication, engagement and teamwork, and can drive quality
Software and Programming