Are you interested in building the next generation, -based commerce system for that's used by millions of customers worldwide? Are you excited by the idea of working on highly and secure systems that enabling multiple payment methods for our customers? Do you want to make an impact at a $10-billion-a-year business? Then we need to talk!
As a software developer, you have the opportunity to develop and bring ideas to the team to enable new payments methods faster using cutting edge technologies like DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps to bring our largest customers over to the . As an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon ", and collaborate with high-performance technical teammates and having fun doing it.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• 2+ years software development experience
• Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented , data structures, algorithm , problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant systems.
• Experience technologies (SNS,SQS,Lambda,DDB.etc.)
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming