Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company - and to fulfill that mission, Amazon needs to hire pioneers, innovators, and leaders. Amazon's Recruiting Engine team supports this mission by building global, scalable, flexible, and highly available products that enable candidates to find their next amazing career opportunity at Amazon. We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession) to recruiting at Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including building an architectural vision and roadmap, advocating for our candidates, clarifying requirements, applying design patterns, development, documentation, testing, and continuously improving our operations. You will leverage Amazon's industry leading technologies to build modern distributed systems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, can mentor engineers on the team, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications.
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming