Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find anything they want to buy, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. To fulfill that mission, Amazon is continuously looking to hire pioneers, innovators, and leaders that deliver that mission. The Candidate Experience Technology (CXT) team supports Amazon's mission by building global, scalable, flexible, and highly available products that enable a person interested in working at Amazon to seamlessly learn about Amazon's culture, discover new job opportunities, apply, and manage their application from submission to Day 1.
As a software development engineer on the CXT team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including advocating for our candidates, clarifying requirements, system design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will leverage Amazon's industry leading technologies to build modern distributed systems. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
In addition, you will:
• Work with the team to help drive business decisions
• Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions that result in service performance, durability, low cost, and security.
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
• Write high quality distributed system software
• Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications.
• A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective and productive software engineers.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming