Amazon Kinesis is powering many of the real-time technologies you use and see today. And we do this at a colossal scale; worldwide Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications. Customers like Major League Baseball (MLBAM) are using Kinesis to ingest game , analyze it, and deliver the insights to viewers as they happen. Similarly Sonos is using Kinesis to collect and analyze real-time from millions of devices to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis because the fully managed service makes real-time ingestion, processing, and delivery easy, all at a low cost. As a result of these benefits customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. At the same time Kinesis continues to push the technical boundaries of real-time processing and we are growing our team to support these game changing innovations. As a member of our team you'll get to work on a variety of technologies, including but not limited to new customer facing features, APIs, - technologies, and core .
We are looking for a talented developer to build the next generation of real-time streaming solutions. In your new job, you get the opportunity to influence and further scaling and simplification of live streaming platform. You will get opportunity to work together with a group of talented engineers through your experience of large scale . You will build large scale system components using the massive frameworks and builder tools provided by Amazon builder ecosystem.
As part of this job you'll get to:
• Solve tough problems that will make your nerdiest friends jealous
• Design, write and release software for large scale .
• See your innovations in use by 'real' customers - small, large and really large
• Collaborate with some of the leading minds in and Big Data
• Work in a team-oriented, solution-focused environment.
Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
Kinesis services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as , C++, or including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current .
• 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (, , C++, Ruby, etc.)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience in building at scale
• Experience building highly available and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with , consistent hashing, locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of non-relational databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Software and Programming