Amazon has helped reinvent how we live our daily lives. As a Recruiting Technology team, we are reinventing the delivery of industry leading hiring experience. Have you ever wanted to build human-centric technologies that are scalable and efficient, and where candidates feel treated as individuals?
Our team owns the full service stack from the moment a potential future Amazonian is ready to interview and until the moment they are ready to discuss a potential offer. We are continuously experimenting, measuring, and learning because Amazon candidates deserve an experience that is respectful, straightforward, and frustration-free. The engineering team owns the full service stack that powers recruiting technologies at Amazon scale. We combine product development, technology investments, UX research, scientific analysis, big data analytics, and process optimization.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to help the team take reinvent and evolve Amazon hiring experience to the next level. As a Software Development Engineer on the team, you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of product features and system architecture. The systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels from the front-end user experience, to a set of robust platform services, to system level pieces and everything in between. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are essential.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience working with AWS services
• Experience working with non-technical customers and stakeholders
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming