Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
We are looking for software development engineers that are passionate about building distributed systems, observability solutions (granular insights into metrics, logs, distributed traces, and alerting), and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. AWS has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to help developers, SREs, and business owners everywhere.
This is a unique opportunity to build a new AWS service from the ground up to a successful launch.
In this role, you will be positioning AWS as a thought leader in related open source projects by collaborating and influencing the open source community and contributing to open source projects.
You will be responsible to design, build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional experience in software development
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and (architecture, patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as , C, , PythonPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of machine learning and serverless architecture.
• Ability to think big about a problem statements, recommend alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Software and Programming