Do you want to be part of a team that design and implement critical payment related services for Amazon with air-tight security and five-nine availability, that serve millions of requests per minute? Do you want to be part of a fun group that explores cutting edge technology, with a culture of learning from each other and developing each other? Do you want to be part of an organization that will be in the center of projects that will shape the future of the payments industry? If you answer yes to any of the questions above, this position is for you! Your work will be visible among company's senior executives.
As a software development engineer, you will:
• Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and serve customers' payment data, support cool new initiatives such as mobile payment, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
• Lead the team in designing, implementing, and testing of major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
• Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
• Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• 4+ years professional experience in software development Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designsAmazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming