Software Development Engineer - Test
Reference ID: 721215
In People Technology, the entire Amazon organization is your customer-- from line HR to managers to employees (current, former, and future). We are seeking a driven and innovative SDET to help build the next generation of recruiting systems. The team has high quality bar, will live and breathe sound development practices and will iterate quickly to deliver the best user experiences. Come be part of a team that directly shapes and influences the future growth of Amazon.
As a SDET on this team, you will have the opportunity to influence design and architectural choices which would have impact on our system, our workflow, and most importantly, our customers.
You will need to be able to work efficiently and effectivity in a fast-paced multiple team environment. You should have a solid combinations of Quality Assurance knowledge and Software Development Best Practices, as well as practical knowledge of object oriented design principles and development. You will be working with developers, QA Engineers and TPM to identify testability issues, automation opportunities and implement continuous deliver solutions. You will advocate for Quality and champion for best practices by sharing your expertise.
This Software Development Engineer - Test (SDET) position requires proven skills in test automation development and methodologies. The ideal candidate must have top notch computer science skills, are obsessed with customer satisfaction, and have a demonstrated track record of passion for leveraging technologies to help build incredible quality products.
You understand back-end services and know how to conceptualize, identify testing opportunities, and test them. We expect the ideal candidate to scope, design, implement, and maintain solutions for projects and work both independently and collaboratively with other QAE and developers.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience developing code for automation test using Java, C# or C++
• Knowledge of QA methodology and test automation tools
• Demonstrated understanding of how and where risk is introduced during software development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Experience in writing test frameworks and automation tools
• Experience developing software using IDE in a Linux environment
• Experience developing automation test frameworks and testing tools in Java or C#/C++ (as opposed to writing automated tests for an existing framework, such as JUnit/Selenium)
• Experience with standard QA tools and practices, such as functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing, with a passion for automation
• Experience testing in a service-oriented architecture
• Familiarity with Java unit-testing frameworks
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience with test driven development and establishing integration test infrastructures
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test development activities across multiple teams
• Selenium WebDriver & Java or C++ coding.
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019