DESCRIPTION Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon globally. Our team is responsible for the development of next generation solutions that enable Amazon and external developers worldwide to innovate, develop and distribute applications used by millions of sellers around the world to run their business on Amazon's Marketplaces. We are developing and operating distributed systems at unprecedented scale leveraging AWS technologies to deploy high-quality solutions into a cloud based architecture.
Our team, Selling Partner Growth (SPG) is part of Selling Partner Services and solves the problem of solution discovery, accelerates Selling Partner growth and Developer innovation by providing a one-stop shop for Selling Partners to discover and manage applications for their unique business needs. SPG is responsible for building tools that are used by developers to create and store applications which can be discovered by Amazon sellers through an externally available website.
An SDE II is a significant autonomous contributor whose work is consistently of high quality. The SDE II on SPG team will design and implement new features, or significant portions of large features for the Selling Partner Appstore. SPG is a growing space with the goal of being a one-stop shop for Selling Partners. In order to meet Selling Partner needs, the SPG team has an ever-expanding list of features to enhance the Selling Partner experience and ingestion lifecycle.
An SDE II's influence is primarily within a team (at the product level). Begins to Mentor and develop peers. SPG features require close collaboration between the SPG teams, between other Selling Partner Services teams, and Amazon Retail teams. Maintaining good working relationships across these groups is necessary for the SDE II to achieve team goals. As an engineer that understands team's architecture and is responsible for designing features, the SDE II will provide team on-boarding for new hires and mentoring for SDE I and new SDE II.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Self-starter with the drive and conviction to do things right the first time
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques
• 1+ years of software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
• Experience with AWS technologies is a plus.
Software and Programming