Do you have a technical background and also excel at delivering results and problem solving? Selling Partner Services (SPS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing business with more than 50% of all items currently sold originating from third-party Selling Partners. Our vision is to offer a secure world-class Customer experience that enables SPS and third-party Developers to innovate rapidly on behalf of millions of Selling Partners around the world to run their business on Amazon. Selling Partner Services Health (SPH) team is seeking a self-driven SDE who will eliminate low judgement customer touch points, prevent defects and enable risk detections at scale by building workflow and automated risk signal monitoring systems. We are developing and operating distributed systems at unprecedented scale leveraging AWS technologies to deploy high-quality solutions into a cloud based architecture.
You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of an exciting greenfield project and overcome complex technical, business and customer experience challenges at scale. You will work in a fast-paced environment and take on unique challenges that will have a highly visible impact on our growing business. You will partner with our technical teams to improve the quality of our Risk team. You will be a member of a world-class product development team where the work environment is collaborative. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, innovation, troubleshooting, creativity, leadership skills and drive to be able to solve customer-facing and operational issues. If you love diverse challenges, know how to deliver, and thrive in an exciting, high-visibility environment, we want to talk with you.
An SDE II is a significant autonomous contributor whose work is consistently of high quality. The SDE II on SPH team will design and implement new features, or significant portions of large features for the Selling Partner Health charter. SPH is a growing space with the goal of building tools and automation that helps the Risk Investigators and Risk Program Managers to detect, remove and save Amazon from data sharing abuse.
An SDE II's influence is primarily within a team (at the product level). Begins to Mentor and develop peers. SPH features require close collaboration between the SPH teams, between other Selling Partner Services teams, Infosec, Security and Amazon Retail teams. Maintaining good working relationships across these groups is necessary for the SDE II to achieve team goals. As an engineer that understands team's architecture and is responsible for designing features, the SDE II will provide team on-boarding for new hires and mentoring for SDE I and new SDE II.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Self-starter with the drive and conviction to do things right the first time
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Proficiency using modern web development technologies and techniques
• 1+ years of software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical disciplinePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science
• Previous technical internship(s)
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
• Experience with AWS technologies is a plus.
Software and Programming