Amazon's Search Marketing Tech team's mission is to connect our customers with the best products, services, and experiences that Amazon offers through paid search advertising on external search engines. To achieve this, we are looking for a strong Software Development Engineer to build our next-generation advertising systems that will automatically generate, deliver, target, optimize, and measure hundreds of millions of search engine ad placements. If you are interested in applying the latest technologies to solve real-world problems that will improve the customer experience and drive a material impact for the business, this opportunity is for you!
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE), you will design and develop large-scale distributed systems and services that manage a continuously growing ad portfolio. You will be applying the latest AWS technologies (Lambda, SageMaker, Fargate, ECS, Kinesis, API Gateway, Glue, Step Functions, EMR, Elasticsearch, etc.) and leveraging the most appropriate solutions (data mining, machine learning, statistical modelling, natural language processing, etc.) to develop the best advertising experience for our customers while maximizing the return on our marketing investments.
A day in the life
The Search Marketing Tech team operates in a highly dynamic and fast-pace environment. You will work on ideas with product managers and other engineers to invent, design and build quality software, where you will have the opportunity to make the appropriate trade-offs when coming up with solutions. You will apply the appropriate design patterns and adopt engineering best practices to solve difficult problems and help us achieve our mission.
About the team
The Search Marketing Tech team's objective is to help our customers find what they're looking for by serving them the right ad for the right product at the right time. We have presence in Seattle, Bangalore, Vancouver, Toronto, and we are looking to expand in Irvine. Our team drives a large portion of Amazon's business, and is a critical ingredient to Amazon's success.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3+ years relevant work experience
• Experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Scalable web application development and experience using NoSQL databases like Dynamo DB.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Fast thinker with a good grasp of business and technology and foresight to apply technology to solve business problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming