Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. The S3 Console is often the first touchpoint for many of our customers, providing the ability to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. Beyond just a frontend for S3 features, the console is a product on its own that drives overall S3 adoption and customer satisfaction. Our console helps customers understand 'what' they have, 'how' their storage is being used, and the 'actions' they can take based on their use cases. Our team is a mix of full stack engineers, frontend engineers, and quality assurance engineers working closely with UX and Product Management to solve challenging problems on behalf of S3 customers. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds spanning different personas, differing levels of experience, different countries, and different expectations on how they would like to interact with AWS S3. As member of the S3 Console, you get to deliver delightful customer experiences for millions of users.
The S3 Console team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team and help us build next generation software and tools to take the service to the next level. You will focus on the challenges of writing software to handle the vast array of use cases that customers use on S3 today. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these products, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. .
Work-life Balance Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front-end development.
• Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
• Experience building components of service-oriented architectures
• Experience driving and delivering a large scale web-based user interface using modern web-technologies
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming