The innovators, the collaborators, the creators. The ones who see what doesn't exist, and then make it exist. We believe nothing should stand in the builder's way, and dreams never have to turn off. With AWS, it's time to build on. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world!
In August 2018, the Amazon Web Services Route 53 team is coming to Bucharest, Romania in search of talented Software Development Engineers for our beautiful Vancouver, BC office.We offer our hires comprehensive family relocation packages, very competitive salaries and assistance with visa sponsorship.
We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with Amazon CloudFront, Amazon S3, and Amazon Elastic Load Balancing. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our DNS services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space.
We work on deep, technical problems that span a variety of core topics in computer science ranging from databases to networking to distributed systems to numerical analysis to security. We are looking for developers who feel strongly not only about building good software but also about running that software in the real world.
You'll have the opportunity to help AWS build the platform that will set the standard for cloud computing. On the Route 53 team, you will have to make tough prioritization decisions, iterate and innovate relentlessly, and think through large-scale globally distributed systems problems. You will have to think about how to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee.
Save these dates and apply today!
Networking Event: Monday 6th August 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 7th August - Friday 10th August 2018
Being part of a small and international team, you will be involved in all aspects of development: from creating elegant designs to developing effective code that solves real customer needs.
There will be plenty of opportunity to get involved with new technologies and work on different components of the solution, or, if you prefer, to become expert in a particular area. Either way, there will be always something new to learn.
We just ask you to be highly passionate and motivated and willing to make a significant contribution to our products. Your talent and passion can make a big difference.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years programming experience with Java, C, C++, or C# in a Linux and/or Windows environment
BS in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant experience
• Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, OO design and a solid understanding of distributed systems
• Multi-threaded programming
• Willingness to relocate to Vancouver, CanadaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities to drive operational excellence and best practices
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Software and Programming