The AWS RDS Control Plane team is looking for someone who is passionate about the developer experience and is driven to improve life for developers. We need a leader that will listen to other developers and will use their instincts to plan and implement improvements on developer focused tools.
Tools you will take ownership for include our End to End Test Framework and our Control Plane Development Environment. This opportunity has the benefit of getting to work with all our talented developers across the organization. And most importantly this position has no on-call work outside of office hours.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with developers to understand their joys and pains
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of developer focused tools
- Setup and monitor measurements to ensure our tools are working as they should
- Lead and grow a team of Junior developers
- Deep dive on our RDS Control Plane to provide a vision for developer tools
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Share your knowledge of developer best practices across the organization
A day in the life
In this role, you will take on development and design challenges. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will design, own deliverables end-to-end, and influence technical decisions in your engineering team. If you're excited by cloud computing, designing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems, and want to be challenged by the toughest computer science problems, then join us to build the next generation systems.
Come join us if you are passionate about building products and teams with an "AWS scale" business impact!
About the team
The AWS Relational Database Service is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing super-simple provisioning and management for databases in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, backups, disaster recovery, and monitoring are all reliably handled by our control systems. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the challenge of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. Our group in AWS addresses these challenges by developing services that reflect the latest advances in high availability, data dissemination and replication, load balancing, autonomous management, and repair.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent understanding of the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
- Experience developing micro-services.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement
- Passion for automation and providing a great customer experience
- Experienced with Test Automation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming